September 8, 2021 - Self-publishing, a first step and a stumble

Today “Wingless” goes on sale in paperback and e-book formats. It has been a long time coming, and a lot of editing from the draft version I inflicted on friends. 

My first novel. On sale. It’s hard to believe. The publisher’s website has it ready to go now, and several other resellers should have it listed by this time next week.

I have some (signed) free copies to be delivered to those people who allowed me to use their character ideas that I will get to you as soon as lockdown rules allow it. You people are amazing.

I was going to say something corny like “Need something to read while in lockdown?” 😉 , but what I really want to say is a huge thank you to everyone who encouraged me or at least smiled politely as I rabbited on about this thing over the years.

I am now working on the sequel, set a dozen or so years after the events of Wingless and telling the story of the now adult character of Hattie. I’m enjoying the writing, but if the length of time it took to get Wingless finished is any sign, don’t expect “Born Without Wings” to be coming out any time soon.

The self-publishing company I went through were, shall we say, not everything they claimed to be. I won't be using them again.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 2, 2025 - Sometimes you write characters, sometimes the characters write you.

28 February, 2024 - A leap day and an extra story

July 22, 2025 - Long Service Leave and Writing