July 22, 2025 - Long Service Leave and Writing
Yesterday saw my long service leave from work start. Ten glorious weeks. It is very much needed, I was on the edge of burnout at the end of last year and only made it through to now knowing that this leave was booked. I've been a teacher now for 33 years, and I can honestly say it has never been a harder job than it is today. I rather hope to be doing a lot of writing, although there are also some family matters that will require attention.
I'm about half way through the third book in the Muse Chronicles science fiction series now. It still doesn't have a name, but I'm not overly bothered by that - book two didn't get it's name until it was almost finished.
Of course I think about the lack of title, but not too often. Only about a dozen times a day.
Because of the way the second book, "Swan Dive", finished, this one gave me the perfect opportunity to try something new in my writing. New for me that is, other authors like Becky Chambers use this technique a lot, and brilliantly. For the first time in my writing however I am writing from the perspective of two different characters, Ruby and Susan, and alternating the story POV about every two chapters between them. The two characters are not in the same places at the same time (yet), so each seeing the results of the other's passing is an interesting experience.
Not sure if it will continue for the rest of the book or not, but I'm sure they'll let me know what they want. they always do.
Comments
Post a Comment