May 2, 2025 - Sometimes you write characters, sometimes the characters write you.

"Swan Dive" my fifth novel and second in the Muse Chronicles series has been officially put to bed and sent off to the publisher for their consideration. Now the nervous waiting starts. Also, I should hear late July about the Wyld Magick short story I submitted for an anthology.

Usually at this point there is a bit of space to do something else, but the way Swan Dive ended I just had to get straight into writing the next one. In the week and a bit since I started I'm already 10,000 words in. I don't expect this pace to stay, especially with my paying job needing some attention, but even if nothing happens with the series I'm having fun.

Sometimes the story just demands to be told.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

28 February, 2024 - A leap day and an extra story

July 22, 2025 - Long Service Leave and Writing